1) The Results Are IN! Our Enchilada Fundraiser netted $2,970.78 to the parish! This was a remarkable and outstanding SUCCESS, and I want to thank every member and all your friends and family who helped in every way! I know the cooks and kitchen crew had a fun time preparing and packaging, and the proceeds will all go toward our budget shortfall in important areas of ministry this year, but none of it would have been possible without your enthusiastic support. I am humbled by both your work and your generosity.
2) As you know, we are formally working together with our sisters and brothers at Good Shepard of the Plains Episcopal Church in Harrisburg, NE. Fr. Bob, Mo. Karen, and I will be providing regular 2x/month Eucharist there, and the Good Shepard members will occasionally join us for worship here, and together our two parishes are committed to serving Christ’s people in our region. Next weekend, we have a chance to work together to serve when the Food Bank of the Heartland will be distributing food from Good Shepherd on Friday, May 10 from 5-7 p.m. St. Francis folks are invited to join with Good Shepherd folks to assist with this set-up and distribution. It will be a fun time and a great time to get to know each other. No sign-up needed, just meet at Good Shepherd in Harrisburg (Google Maps will get you right there) anytime around 5 a week from tomorrow. See you there!
3) Sadly, today we sing and pray our goodbyes to a dear friend of this parish -- Lyla Moran Tuttle. Luncheon at 12:30 p.m., followed by Funeral and Committal beginning at 2 p.m.
4) Thursday noon Discipleship Group cancelled today, but Thursday evening Bible Study will meet as scheduled at 6 p.m. in the Library, when we will begin a multi-week study of Revelation. All are welcome and invited!
5) Summer Formation Classes to begin in June. Final details are being worked out, but I am preparing for two new classes this summer -- a Youth Bible Study for middle and high schoolers, and Adult Catechism for anyone interested in being confirmed or received (if already confirmed) at our September 22 Bishop’s Visitation.
Happy Birthday to:
May 6 Fernando Moreno
May 8 William Croft
May 9 Cooper Feltes
Youth Group meets this Sunday at 9 a.m. to plan for Youth Sunday,
on May 19th. Ministry team members scheduled as ushers, lectors, intercessors, and Eucharistic Ministers on Youth Sunday will not need to serve that Sunday.
This Week’s Schedule
8 a.m. - Holy Eucharist
9 a.m. Coffee Hour
9 a.m. Youth Group (Planning for Youth Sunday!)
9:10 a.m. Lectionary Study (Whitney Library)
10 a.m. - Holy Eucharist with Music
9 a.m. - Holy Eucharist with prayers for healing
7 a.m. - Men’s Bible Study
3 p.m. - Women’s Bible Study
Noon - Discipleship Study
6 p.m. - Open Bible Study
Those serving on the Altar Guild this month are: Judith Widmaier, Joyce Walsh, Shirley Mead, Gretchen Deter. Special thanks to last month's Altar Guild for the loving care they gave: Collette Suhr, Sandy Gibson, Ann Peterson, Jane Sayre, Dael Cron. Thank you, ladies!
The ECW’s Mother's Day Brunch will be on Saturday, May 4th, at 10 a.m., in the Parish Hall. The Fortis Boys choir, under the direction of Scott and Alyssa Harvey, will entertain.
The United Thank Offering collected this year was $579.20, the most we’ve ever collected! Thank you for participating in this worthwhile ingathering of funds to become blessings for needy people throughout the world.
St. Francis will host a Graduation Reception following the 10 am service, on Sunday, May 12th for our graduates: Evelyn Anderson-Saenz, Sydney Pettit, Lia Selvey, Skylar Pratt, Sierra Sauer, and Catherine Wisniewski. If you know of others graduating this year, please call the church at (308) 632-4626.
Regarding the enchilada fundraiser, a compliment to the cooks: The dozen I purchased were absolutely delicious. Thank you for the love you put into it!
Lisa’s Office Hours:
Mondays 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Tuesdays 10:15 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Thursdays 10:15 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Friday 11 a.m. - noon (leaving early this week due to a funeral)