1) Looking for a ministry? We would love to have you volunteer on Sundays and serve as an Usher (greet people and take collection), Lector (read the lessons), Intercessor (say the prayers), Choir (sing!), or Eucharistic Minister (pass out communion). No experience necessary. Pay commensurate with experience :) To get enlisted and trained, contact Rosemary and Fr. Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Calling all youth! If you are entering grades 4-12 next year you are invited to attend the amazing DioNeb Camp Canterbury July 24-28. We are providing transportation to and from, and everyone can get at least a partial scholarship. I am telling you, Church Camp changes lives and builds lifelong friendships, and I strongly encourage our kids to attend. Here's a link to register or for more information http://campcanterbury.episcopal-ne.org
3) The next Deanery Meeting if Wednesday, May 31st in Alliance. We carpool and leave from St. Francis at 5:00PM. Deanery meetings are clergy and laity together for food, conversation, and teaching. This month's program is The Restoration Project, with speaker Fr. Christopher Martin of San Francisco. Should be fun. All are welcome, just RSVP to the office, or let Fr. Mark or Sr. Warden Jane Hunter know so we make sure we have enough cars going.
4) So many people to thank! First, thanks for everyone who showed by and participated in our work day! We got TONS done and had a blast doing it! Second, thanks to everyone who helped with Rae's wonderful birthday party? I heard so many great comments and everyone had such a fun time!
1) Youth & Compassion Sunday! This year, Youth Sunday and Compassion Sunday fall on the same week, and so we will enjoy the ministry gifts of our own middle and high school students during both services, and have a word or two from Peggy about joining with Compassion International to assist needy children around the world. This will be a fun and energetic and deeply meaningful worship.
2) Barb tells me there are 75 signed up for Saturday's Mother-Daughter Brunch! This is an amazing number for our parish, and I know the moms and daughters are looking forward to a super fun morning together!
3) Mark your calendars for May 13th, our Parish Work Day 9AM-noon. Everyone can help with something, and our building folks have plenty of tasks. This is always a great chance to spruce things up and, just as importantly, share some time working with others who love this parish.