June 17, 2021
FATHER MARK’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
1) Do you have a Green Thumb? Do you enjoy watering and caring for plants? We are looking for six or eight folks to form a Gardening Group to tend to our plants this summer. Can you give a few hours this summer to water and weed the planters in the front and back of the church? Here is a link to volunteer: https://saintf.breezechms.com/form/1901c85383
2) Sunday July 18th Western Plains Business Solutions is hosting a Free Zoo Day! Mark your calendars and bring your families out for this fun event!
3) CAMP CANTERBURY SIGN-UP! Summer Camp for Episcopal Youth is one week that absolutely creates lasting memories and friendships and serves an in integral part of faith formation for our kids entering grades 4-12 in the church. Please go to the Camp Canterbury website here for information and click the Registration link to register. Please skip the payment section, as the Parish will assist with payment as soon as we see how many of our youth are signed up. https://campcanterbury.episcopal-ne.org
4) On July 11th we will gather donations to fund Camp for our students attending this year. Camp cost is $250/student and it has been our tradition to fully fund Camp Tuition. This is our chance to invest in the future leaders of St. Francis.
Happy Father’s Day!!
Carolyn Wozniak June 20
Frank Marquez June 20
Jerry Leonard June 23
Jane Sayre June 23
Jane Hunter June 25
Harper Largo June 25
Rick Anderson June 26
John and Cricket Simmons June 20
Al and Barb Williams June 21
Justin and Jacklyn Cawiezel June 21
Robert and Lisa Brenner June 25
Cory and Gretchen Foster June 26
Prayer Requests ** Please make sure your request is received by Wednesday of each week. You may call (308)632-4626 (leave a message), email email@example.com or mail to:
St. Francis Episcopal Church
P.O. Box 1201
Scottsbluff, NE 69361
Forward Day by Day Booklets
We have the Forward Day by Day’s for June and July in regular and large print.
If you would like any of these mailed to you, please email or call the church.
ATHER MARK’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
1) Thanks again to all those who served and attended our amazing Holy Eucharist with Baptism/Confirmation/Reception last Wednesday! It was such a glorious night, and when I spoke with the Bishop this week he couldn’t stop talking about how joyful and Spirit-filled this parish is, and how it is always a highlight of their trips out west to come here. You all are well-known across the diocese for your faith and love. How cool is that?
2) Calling all acolytes! We are in need of lots of acolytes as we reopen fully and return back to our pro-COVID worship. Right now we have ten youth signed up and being scheduled, but we could easily use ten more. This is a fun ministry and I believe it is a really great way to get kids connected in a lasting way to the church and teach them about the faith. I hope all our youth ages 10-18 will consider being a part of this ministry. To get involved, just email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ann will get back to you with scheduling details. Thanks, parents & grandparents, for your faithful commitment to the next generation of Christians.
3) Our Daughters of the King Chapter is growing!! The group met this week and not only are their growing in numbers, but in enthusiasm and great ideas for ministry! Watch for more from this group in the months to come and consider joining them. They are a fun bunch! Talk to Beth McKibbon for more information.
4) Next Tuesday our new Administrative Assistant, Ann Salomon, will begin. Ann joins us having just retired from a long and successful career in the banking industry. I am very excited for you to meet Ann, and know you will welcome her warmly and support her as she learns all the ins and outs of our particular church setting. In the meantime, for the next two days Cory and Nancy and I are answering the phones and printing the bulletins and handling the day-to-day as best we can :)
Remember our current safety protocols for Sunday Worship:
Fr. Mark Selvey
Check in here for weekly announcements.