July 1, 2021
FATHER MARK’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
1) A shout out and a great thanks to Ann Peterson and Barb Williams who provided the cake for Father’s Day Coffee Hour last week! It was thoughtful, delicious, and very much appreciated!
2) Speaking of Coffee Hour, if you would like to bring treats for an upcoming Sunday, the 8:00 sign-up is posted by the serving windows in the parish hall, and the 10:00 sign-up list is managed by Barb Manasek and you can call her or call the office to be scheduled.
3) As we get more and more back to a pre-2020 look and feel at church, our various Sunday Volunteer positions are once again being scheduled by our online scheduler MSP and edited and posted by Ann. We are always looking for new volunteers to usher and greet, acolyte, read the lessons, lead the prayers, and distribute communion during both services. Training is provided, and you can always let us know when you wish not to be scheduled. If you’re already a volunteer but have been taking time off, we would love to have you back for any of these ministries. And if you would like to try serving in a new ministry, all it takes is a call to the office and we will take it from there. It really couldn’t be simpler, and anyone who volunteers in these ways will tell you that it brings even more depth and meaning to the service. Why not volunteer this summer/fall?
4) LAST CALL FOR YOUTH PLANNING TO ATTEND CAMP CANTERBURY JULY 19-23! Camp is fast approaching for all Episcopal youth entering 4th grade through 2021 HS graduates. Our parish provides funding to cover the cost, two adult counselors/chaperones, and transportation to and from camp. The reason we work so hard to get our kids there is that we are convinced it is one of the best things the parish and diocese do for our youth. At camp they meet lifelong friends from across the diocese and learn about personal faith and church life and leadership in ways they just don’t get elsewhere. ACT NOW —THE DEADLINE TO SIGN-UP IS MONDAY JULY 5TH. The link to all camp information and sign-ups is here: https://campcanterbury.episcopal-ne.org
5) On Sunday, July 11th we will ask for donations to fund camp scholarships. Currently we have two full scholarships ($250 ea) donated and we expect to send 6-8 kids, meaning we are looking to raise another $1,500. You can help by donating to the special offering on the 11th, or dropping a check off anytime prior.
Lisa Ledbetter June 28
Mary Kay Versen June 30
Dan Witko June 30
Adena Taylor July 01
Ayden Reed July 02
Joyce Walsh July 02
Alan & Jan Johnson July 01
Jeane & Matt Anderson July 02
Prayer Requests ** Please make sure your request is received by Wednesday of each week. You may call (308)632-4626 (leave a message), email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
St. Francis Episcopal Church
P.O. Box 1201
Scottsbluff, NE 69361
Forward Day by Day Booklets
We have the Forward Day by Day’s for June and July in regular and large print.
If you would like any of these mailed to you, please email or call the church.
The ECW will be hosting their “Christmas in July” Bazaar on Saturday, July 17th from 8 am to 3 pm. A portion of the profits will be used to help with the tuition of our youth to attend Church Camp.
We need your help. We are asking you to donate gently used Christmas decorations and Flea Market items you would like to find a new home for. No clothing please! You can bring your donations to the Parish Hall tables on the East wall, starting Monday, July 5th. Ann Salomon, our church secretary, will be in the office Tuesday-Thursday, from 9 am- 1 pm. You can also call Barb Manasek 436-7767 if you need another drop off time.
We also need bakery goodies to sell. They can be dropped off either Friday, July 16th or by 8 am on Saturday, the day of the Bazaar. We appreciate any help you can give us.
Comments are closed.
Rev. Erin Rath
Check in here for weekly announcements.