Thursday Announcements, August 26, 2021
FATHER MARK’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
1) Sunday September 5th we will kick-off our programming for the year. This is always an exciting day when the air is fresh and families and kids are back full-force and the church comes more alive again after a lazy summer. Last fall was so different with COVID-19 precautions that it hardly felt like we came “back” in any real sense. This year, even though the Delta variant is keeping us vigilant, we are moving forward with our schedule to include in-person youth programming on Sundays, as follows:
What Who When Where Leader(s)
Nursery* up to age 5 10:00 A.M. Upstairs Monica Lehr
Elementary ages 6-10 10:00 A.M. Upstairs Barb Manasek &
Pre-Teen ages 11-12 10:00 A.M. Parish Hall Peggy Wymore
MS ages 13-15 4:30 P.M. 1st Presby Trudy Schnell &
HS ages 16-18 6:00 P.M. 1st Presby Amy Meyer
* starting date for Nursery and Godly Play is Sunday, September 5th
** starting date for youth group tba
2) Adult Programming — some has already begun, more will begin in September. Here’s a list of what is happening:
What Who When Where Leader(s)
Men’s Bible Study* fellers Fri 8:00 A.M. Library Fr. Mark
Lectionary Study* all Sun 9:00 A.M. Library Rae Whitney
Discipleship Group** all Thurs 12:00 P.M. Library Fr. Mark
Zoom Book Study** all Thurs 6:00 P.M Online Fr. Mark
* has begun, come and join in
** starting date tba
3) COVID-19 Update: As announced, we are requiring masks for in-person worship and Godly Play now through the end of September as both a response to the marked increase in local COVID cases and also as a precaution as schools reopen. This obviously isn’t what we had had hoped but what is driving my decision is the health and safety of our children and youth who are not able to be vaccinated at this time. If one of our little ones were to become sick from attending church or Godly Play, it would break my heart. It really is as simple as that.
4) As noted above, I will begin a Zoom online book study reading and discussing the book “Waking Up White — and Finding Myself in the Story of Race,” by Debbie Irving. I recently read this book as a part of the diocesan study “Sacred Ground,” and found it both thought-provoking and very relevant to my own experience and would like to read it together with anyone interested. The book has short chapters grouped into 9 themes, and so I would expect we can read and discuss in 10 meetings. We’ll start Thursday September 16 and meet Thursdays at 6:00 P.M. via Zoom. Here is the link to sign-up https://saintf.breezechms.com/form/c6ee0331
Alan Johnson August 30
Karen Anderson September 1
Kathy Tabor September 2
Clark & Amy Wisniewski September 4
Thomas Jones & Carolyn Pevey September 2
Please join the Search Committee for Holy Conversations to help us collect
information that will help us find the next priest for our parish. YOUR ideas
matter! These meetings will last between 1 hour - 1.5 hours.
Wednesday, September 1 at 6:30 p.m. in the Parish Hall
Sunday, September 5 at 9:00 a.m. in the Parish Hall after the 8:00 service
(Grab your coffee and join in the conversation)
Sunday, September 12, at 11:00 a.m. in the Parish Hall after the 10:00 service
(Grab your coffee and join the conversation)
Wednesday, September 15 at 6:30 p.m. via zoom
Prayer Requests ** Please make sure your request is received by Wednesday of each week. You may call (308) 632-4626 (leave a message),
email email@example.com or mail to:
St. Francis Episcopal Church
P.O. Box 1201
Scottsbluff, NE 69361
Forward Day by Day Booklets
We have the Forward Day by Day’s for August-October in regular and large print.
If you would like any of these mailed to you, please email or call the church.
Comments are closed.
Rev. Erin Rath
Check in here for weekly announcements.