Thursday Announcements for July 16, 2020
FATHER MARK’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
1) On Sunday Sarah Schaaf and her mother hosted another Laundry Love at the East Overland Laundromat. The response was great and lots of folks were served and the whole thing was just super positive! Thanks Sarah and mom for keeping us in the outreach business even in these times of difficulty and distraction. You are an inspiration to me and to us!
2) Copies of the latest issue of the Forward Day-by-Day devotional are in and available. You can either stop in and pick one up (Tuesdays 9-1 are sure bets to find the church open) or call Gina and she'll gladly mail one out to you!
3) We are inching our way toward a date for resuming in-person worship. As you can see from the graph below the 14-day trendline (dotted line) for new cases in our counties is steady to slightly lower. If this continues for the next couple of weeks I'll be able to call the Bishop and set a Sunday for re-opening. I know that many will still feel most comfortable joining us online, but I know, too, that many other are ready and anxious to get back together. In the meantime we are getting our sanitation plan and supplies in place and things are coming together almost daily. As long as we don't see a spike in new cases I'm hopeful that we'll be back in some form on the premises by fall.
Happy Birthday!! Happy Anniversary!!
Trudy Schnell July 19 John & Jamie Selzer July 20
Gary Larson July 22
1)Prayer Requests: Please email your prayer requests to Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have email, just call the church and leave a message. The requests must be received on Tuesday’s before 12:00pm for them to be included in the Sunday Bulletin for that week. If the request is received after 12:00pm on Tuesday, they will be added to the next Sunday Bulletin. We will follow the same process and keep the names on for two weeks.
2) ALL IN-PERSON SERVICES SUSPENDED FOR NOW SUNDAY’S 10 A.M. SERVICES WILL BE LIVE STREAMED ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – Saint Francis Episcopal Church (Saint must be spelled out, do not abbreviate)
If you do not have Facebook, you can go to our website www.saintf.org
3) System Updates: Thank you to everyone who responded. If any of your information changes please let Gina or Father Mark know. You can email us at email@example.com or call 308-632-4626 and leave a message.
A message from Gina
Most of you know that I also work at Walmart when I am not doing work for the church. I mention this because I know that during these difficult times, many people are worried and stressed. What I have found is even though I have a mask on while I work, I smile at every person I see and have been told that even though they can’t see my smile, they see it in my eyes. Remember the power of a genuine smile can change a persons day and remind them that God is in control and that everything is going to be okay.
Gina’s Office Hours
Tuesday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (at the church)
Wednesday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (work from home)
Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (work from home)
Comments are closed.
Rev. Erin Rath
Check in here for weekly announcements.