May 12, 2022
Announcements from the Vestry
1) Our one service at 9:00 AM on Sundays continues to go well. We know we have had some issues with live streaming. Please know we continue to work to make this option happen every Sunday. Don’t forget to join us for coffee hour immediately following the service – What a great way to connect with members of our church!!!
2) Office Hours – Ann will be in the office between 9:00AM and 1:00PM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Father Bob will be in the office on Wednesday, May 18 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. The office phone will be manned outside of these hours when the office is closed.
3 This Sunday, during our service and during coffee hour we will be honoring the following individuals and their families as they fulfill one milestone and move onto the next:
Julieanna Anderson-Saenz: Gering High School graduate, Parents: Michelle & Amy Anderson-Saenz
Noah Moreno: Gering High School graduate, Parents: Melissa and Ralph Moreno
Alena Kennedy: Life-Link graduate, Parents: Gloria & Charlie Kennedy
Melissa Moreno: Chadron State College - Teaching degree
Tayen Feather Earring: Scottsbluff Middle School (8th grade), Parents: Jamie & Melissa Feather Earring
4) Next Saturday, May 21st, we will be doing spring cleaning for the building and need volunteers! There will be opportunities to help both inside and outside. We will begin at 9:00AM and plan to end around noon. There will be plenty of refreshments and plenty of good company. Please bring any tools that would help us do the job!
5) Over the summer, Vestry meetings will move from Wednesday evenings to Sunday mornings at 10:20AM. The dates for Vestry meetings during the summer are: May 22th (note change), June 26th, July 24th, and August 28th.
6) Please continue to offer prayers for our search committee as they prepare for next steps in the process of finding St. Francis’s new Rector.
7) Some levity to share (because who couldn't use a good laugh these days?): A minister told his congregation: "Next week I plan to preach about the sin of lying. To help you understand my sermon, I want you all to read Mark 17." The following Sunday, as he prepared to deliver his sermon, the minister asked for a show of hands. He wanted to know how many had read Mark 17. Nearly every hand went up. The minister smiled and said, "Mark has only sixteen chapters. I will now proceed with my sermon on the sin of lying."
HAPPY GRADUATION AND BEST WISHES FOR THE FUTURE!!!
Janet Craven May 15
Cooper Feltes May 19
Lola Parrish May 19
Jeff Weiss May 19
Donetta Petitt May 21
Rae Whitney May 21
Jeff & Kristi Weiss May 19
Greg & Ann Peterson May 20
On Sunday, May 15th, we will be honoring our 2022 Graduates, following the 9:00 am Service. They include, Alena Kennedy, Noah Moreno, Julieanna Anderson-Saenz, and Melissa Moreno. Please join us in the Parish Hall for refreshments.
Prayer Requests ** Please make sure your request is received by Wednesday of each week. You may call (308) 632-4626 (leave a message), email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
St. Francis Episcopal Church
P.O. Box 1201
Scottsbluff, NE 69361
Forward Day by Day Booklets
We have the Forward Day by Day’s for May-July in regular and large print. If you would like any of these mailed to you, please email or call the church.
Rev. Erin Rath
Check in here for weekly announcements.