May 19, 2022
Announcements from the Vestry
1) Thanks to all of you who are attending church both in-person and on-line. Our collective voices on Sunday morning were magical. How blessed we are to have such a faithful congregation. See you all at 9:00 am on Sunday!!!
2) Office Hours – Ann will be in the office between 9:00AM and 1:00PM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Father Bob will be in the office on Wednesday, May 18 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. The office phone will be manned outside of these hours when the office is closed.
3) This Saturday, May 21st, we will be doing spring cleaning for the building and need volunteers! There will be opportunities to help both inside and outside. We will begin at 9:00AM and plan to end around noon. There will be plenty of refreshments and plenty of good company.
4) We will have our 1st Vestry meeting of the summer on Sunday, May 22, starting at 10:15. I promise to make our time together short and sweet!!!
5) Please continue to offer prayers for our search committee and those who have been called as a possible rector for our church. We can never have too many prayers!!!
6) Some levity to share (because who couldn't use a good laugh these days?): During a Sunday school lesson, a child learned about how God created human beings. The child became especially focused when the teacher explained how Eve was created from Adam’s ribs. Later in the week, the boy’s mother saw him lying down on the floor, so she asked him what was wrong. His reply was priceless: “Mom, I have a pain in my side—I think I’m getting a wife.”
Travis Ironshell May 25
Nancy Kepler May 26
Conlan Nielsen May 26
Jill Young May 26
Kira Bowhay May 27
Jayme Haag May 27
Erik & Lori Peterson May 22
Kenzy Hernandez May 23
Rick & Christy Anderson May 24
Dan & Cindy Dickinson May 24
Gary & Karen Larson May 26
John A. & Ann Selzer May 26
Congratulations Justin William Graham, DNAP, CRNA, BSN of Omaha has completed the Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice (DNAP) program in The School of Graduate Studies at Bryan College of Health Sciences. Dr. Graham graduated on May 6, 2022. He is the son of Kathy and Don Graham.
The ECW (Episcopal Church Women) will be hosting a “Ladies Salad Luncheon” on Saturday, June 4th, at 11:30am, in the Parish Hall. We will share delicious
salads and fellowship and be entertained by vocalist Stephanie Coley from the Arts Center. She will be performing at the beginning of our luncheon, so please arrive on time.
We are requesting an RSVP by Friday, May 27th and the number coming to the luncheon with you. Please call Nancy Kepler at 635-0734, or Barb Manasek at 436-7767, to RSVP.
Sunday School, Pre-Teen Bible Study, and Godly Play will not meet until next September.
We will keep you posted when these services resume.
Prayer Requests ** Please make sure your request is received by Wednesday of each week. You may call (308) 632-4626 (leave a message), email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
St. Francis Episcopal Church
P.O. Box 1201
Scottsbluff, NE 69361
Forward Day by Day Booklets
We have the Forward Day by Day’s for May-July in regular and large print. If you would like any of these mailed to you, please email or call the church.
Comments are closed.
Rev. Erin Rath
Check in here for weekly announcements.