May 5, 2022
Announcements from the Vestry
1) A reminder that we will continue having one service at 9:00 AM on Sundays through August. Please join us for coffee hour immediately following the service – rest assured that the love, the laughter, and of course, the coffee will be there the same as always. We truly appreciate your grace and flexibility as we continue this transition period.
2) Office Hours – Ann will be in the office between 9:00AM and 1:00PM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. This week, Fr. Bob will be in the office from 9:00AM to 1:00PM on Wednesday May 4th. The office phone will be manned outside of these hours when the office is closed.
3) Please note that May 8th is St. Monica's Sunday in the diocese. May 8th is a day to pray for and contribute to a longstanding Episcopal ministry in Lincoln that serves women in need. From the Bishop: "St. Monica's provides a safe place for women to come and get well -- to make positive changes, gain new skills and discover strengths. St. Monica's offers a wide range of personalized services to women who are diagnosed with substance abuse and/or co-existing health issues, including residential treatment, outpatient therapy, community support and vocational training." Please consider contributing to this valuable ministry.
4) On Saturday May 21st, we will be doing spring cleaning for the building and need volunteers! There will be opportunities to help both inside and outside. We will begin at 9:00AM and plan to end around noon. There will be plenty of refreshments and plenty of good company.
5) Over the summer, Vestry meetings will move from Wednesday evenings to Sunday mornings at 10:20AM. The dates for Vestry meetings during the summer are: May 27th, June 26th, July 24th, and August 28th.
6) As the school year draws to a close and summer approaches, thank you to all teachers and educators who support our students and congratulations to all students and families who are celebrating graduations or other academic successes.
7) Some levity to share (because who couldn't use a good laugh these days?): A pastor was speaking to a group of second-graders about the resurrection of Jesus when one student asked, “What did Jesus say right after He came out of the grave?” The pastor explained that the Gospels do not tell us what He said. The hand of one little girl shot up. “I know what He said. He said, 'Tah-dah'!”
William Croft May 8
Lisa Brenner May 12
Cindy Dickinson May 12
Karen Larson May 14
Cheri Witko May 14
On Sunday, May 15th, we will be honoring our 2022 Graduates, following the 9:00 am Service. They include, Alena Kennedy, Noah Moreno, Julieanna Anderson-Saenz, and Melissa Moreno. Please join us in the Parish Hall for refreshments.
Prayer Requests ** Please make sure your request is received by Wednesday of each week. You may call (308) 632-4626 (leave a message), email email@example.com or mail to:
St. Francis Episcopal Church
P.O. Box 1201
Scottsbluff, NE 69361
Forward Day by Day Booklets
We have the Forward Day by Day’s for May-July in regular and large print. If you would like any of these mailed to you, please email or call the church.
Rev. Erin Rath
Check in here for weekly announcements.